2 cups cooked Spanish Rice
2 large portobello mushroom caps
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 medium red onion
1 orange bell pepper
2 15-ounce cans black beans (drained as well as rinsed)
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons lime juice
4 large flour tortillas or gluten-free tortillas
Optional Sauces: Vegan Queso, Spicy Chipotle Sauce, Vegan Sour Cream
1. Begin cooking the Spanish Rice.
2. While rice is cooking, remove the stems from mushroom caps and thinly slice.
3. Slice the red onion into think pieces.
4. Thinly slice bell pepper.
5. In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the veggies for approximately 6 or 7 minutes, until they are tender. Add the black beans after they are drained and rinsed, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, kosher salt, lime juice, and 2 tablespoons water. Cook for approximately 2 minutes until heated through and liquid has evaporated.
6. Pit avocado. Mash and sprinkle it with kosher salt.
7. When the rice is cooked, finish it with the seasonings per the recipe for the Spanish Rice.
8. With tortillas on individual plates, spread ½ cup rice on each, at center of tortilla.
9. Then top each with approximately a quarter of the vegetable and bean mixture and approximately a quarter of the avocado.
10. Add any optional desired sauce if desired.
11. Fold the tortillas in half over filling, then tuck around and underneath the filling/mixture, which will form a tight roll. Fold in each side the burrito, then roll up.
12. Cut in half, serve, and enjoy.