It's still quite chilly outside in a lot of areas. So, why not have a great soup recipe? How about lentil soup? 🥣
⦿1 medium yellow onion
⦿1 clove garlic
⦿1 fennel bulb
⦿2 large carrots
⦿3 cups baby spinach
⦿¼ cup olive oil
⦿1 teaspoon kosher salt
⦿1 tablespoon paprika
⦿1 tablespoon dried oregano
⦿1 ½ cups dry brown or green lentils
⦿28-ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes
⦿1 quart vegetable broth
⦿1 cup water
1. Dice the onion and fennel
2. Peel and dice carrots.
3. Grate the garlic.
4. Set the garlic aside.
5. In large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
6. Sauté onion and fennel for approximately 6 to 7 minutes (until translucent).
7. Add the carrots, broth, water, lentils, tomatoes, salt, paprika, and oregano. Bring to a simmer and simmer for approximately 22 to 25 minutes (until lentils are tender).
8. Stir in spinach as well as the grated garlic.
9. Allow to rest for about 5 minutes before you serve.
10. Season with additional salt and fresh ground pepper according to taste.
11. Immediate serve and enjoy!
->This dish stores refrigerated for up to about 4 days and can be frozen for approximately 3 to 4 months.
Making this a great meal prep dish!