Lemon Chicken Meatball and Orzo Soup
2 Packs Al Fresco Italian Chicken Meatballs
5 Cloves Minced Garlic
1 Finely Diced Onion
1/2 Cup Diced Celery
1 Cup Sliced Carrots
4 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
1 Tbsp. Parsley
8 Cups Chicken Stock
1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
2 Cups Cooked Orzo
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
1 Tsp. Black Pepper
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pot and add meatballs.
2. Brown for 3-5 minutes on all sides and then remove from the pan.
3. Add onion, garlic, celery, and carrots and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 3-5 minutes until veggie s start to become tender.
4.Add meatballs back into the pot along with fresh thyme and stir to combine.
5. Add in chicken stock and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce to a simmer and cook for at least 20 minutes until veggies are fully tender.
7. Add in fresh orzo right before serving.
8. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed.
9. Garnish with fresh lemon wedges and parsley.