Herb and Citrus Oven Roasted Chicken
1/4 cup olive oil
4 cloves of garlic minced
2 tablespoons sugar
2 whole lemons one juiced and one sliced
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 whole oranges one juiced and one sliced
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
10-12 pieces about 4 1/2 lbs. bone-in chicken parts (thighs and/or legs are best), pat dry
1 medium onion (thinly sliced)
1 teaspoon dried or fresh chopped thyme
1 tablespoon dried or fresh chopped rosemary
Chopped fresh herbs thyme, parsley, rosemary, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a bowl whisk together olive oil, sugar, garlic, lemon juice, orange juice, onion powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.
3. Place chicken (skin side up) in 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
4. Pour mixture over chicken and coat all sides. 5. Add slices of lemon, orange and onion around and under chicken.
6. Sprinkle generously with thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
7. Bake uncovered for approximately 1 hour, until chicken is cooked and juices run clear. 8. Remove chicken to serving platter and garnish with the additional fresh herbs, if you wish to do so.
8. Serve and enjoy!