Ground Turkey and Broccoli Pasta
1 large onion chopped
1 lb ground turkey
1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
3 cups any short pasta
3 cups veggie or chicken stock low sodium
1 tsp salt
Ground black pepper to taste
1 lb broccoli florets
3 tomatoes diced
1-2 garlic cloves grated
Red pepper flakes a pinch
1/2 cup parsley finely chopped
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
1. Preheat large Dutch oven or pot on medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add onion and saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add ground turkey and cook for 5 minutes, breaking into pieces and stirring with spatula. Add pasta, stock, salt and pepper; stir and level with spatula.
3. Then cover and cook on low heat for 10-12 minutes, checking after 10 minutes. Brown rice and any gluten free pasta cooks faster than wheat.
4. When past is al dente, turn off heat and add broccoli, tomato, garlic and red pepper flakes. Stir, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
5. Add parsley and Parmesan cheese, gently stir and serve hot.