2 medium zucchini cubed
4 fully cooked sausages sliced into circles ¼-inch thick
fresh basil for garnish1 bell pepper any color, cut into ¾-inch pieces ¼ tsp onion powder¼ tsp pepper
1 onion cut into ¾ inch pieces
¼ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried basil
2 ½ tbsp olive or avocado oil
½ tsp salt
1 tsp garlic minced
1. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Once oil is heated, add the chopped sausage and sautè, turning the sausage often, until sausage slices have some browning. Remove from pan and put aside.
3. Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining oil to skillet.
4. Add the zucchini, basil, onion powder, onion, and bell pepper.
5. Sprinkle with oregano, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Stir well.
6. Let cook until the onion, peppers, and zucchini are near tender (approximately 4 to 5 minutes).
7. Add sausage back into the pan with the mixture and with minced garlic.
8 Stir. Cover and let cook for a few minutes more.