Garlic Butter Chicken Bites with Lemon Asparagus
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite-sized pieces)
2 bunches of asparagus (rinsed and trimmed)
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tablespoon minced parsley
Crushed red chili pepper flakes (optional)
Slices of lemon, for garnish
Ingredients for the Chicken Seasoning:
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
2 teaspoons onion powder
1. Start slicing chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season with salt, pepper, and onion powder. Set aside in a shallow plate while you prepare asparagus.
2. Wash and trim ends of the asparagus.
Drain and set aside.
3. Heat half butter and olive oil in large cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat. Gently stir-fry the chicken on all sides until golden brown. Lower heat, add 1 teaspoon minced garlic and Italian seasoning, stir and cook with chicken bites until it is fragrant. Remove the chicken bites from the skillet and set aside in a plate. You might have to work in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
4. In the same skillet over medium-high, add minced garlic then deglaze with chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and allow reducing to half the volume. Add remaining butter, lemon juice, hot sauce, and parsley. Give quick stir to combine the mixture.
5. Add the asparagus and toss for approximately 2 to 4 minutes or until done to cook it up. Add the sauteed chicken bites back to the pan and stir for approximately another minute to reheat. Garnish the chicken and asparagus with parsley, crushed chili pepper, as well as lemon slices and serve your garlic butter chicken bites and cooked asparagus. Enjoy!